Permanent eyeliner is a highly popular application sought by people for a wide range of reasons. Permanent eyeliner, also known as an eyeliner tattoo, is a form of cosmetic tattooing that is often referred to as semi-permanent makeup. Permanent eyeliner is a popular treatment option for those who want to improve the appearance of the shape of their eyes, for those with sparse lashes, and for people battling alopecia and / or hair loss. Some people will even visit permanent eyeliner tattoo artists who simply have a hard time finding an eyeliner they like, and they never have to deal with the inconvenience again. When searching for a specialist offering permanent eyeliner tattoo near me in Beverly Hills and West Hills, it is critical to understand the basics before going in for your consultation so that you can be prepared to ask all of the right questions that will help you make the right decisions for achieving your beauty goals.
Can Standard Tattoo Artists Give People Permanent Eyeliner Tattoo Services?
Traditional tattoo artists do not perform medical tattooing, including eyeliner tattoos. Instead, one must visit a highly trained clinical medical permanent tattoo technician, like Ruth Swissa. This is the only type of professional qualified to give patients a permanent eyeliner tattoo that looks natural and that’s delivered in a safe manner. With eyeliner tattoos, you can have perfect, permanent eyeliner in just one appointment. Curious about this treatment? We interviewed two permanent makeup artists and a dermatologist to break down everything you need to know about permanent eyeliner tattoos, from how much it costs to what to expect when receiving the treatment.
What Permanent Makeup Eyeliner Tattoo is Available in Beverly Hills and West Hills at Ruth Swissa?
Ruth Swissa offers two popular options; and both are the best permanent eyeliner tattoo Beverly Hills and all of Los Angeles has to offer:
- Enhancement Eyeliner Tattoo – The first option is called an enhancement, which involves carefully placing a thin, natural-looking line along the lash line. Ruth achieves this look by making several small dots along the lashes. The effect is subtle, but effective
- Permanent Eyeliner Tattoo – The second option involves the skillful application of a permanent eyeliner tattoo and will appeal to those clients who are looking for more of a “makeup appearance”. Ruth achieves this look by adding another line on top of the enhancement.
Once you have a permanent eyeliner tattoo consultation with Ruth Swissa, and she has a chance to understand all of your beauty goals, she will present you with the best approach to achieving a permanent eyeliner tattoo that enhances the eyes and makes your entire face beautiful and alluring.
How Does A Permanent Eyeliner Tattoo Work?
In both procedures outlined above, permanent eyeliner is delicately applied with a sterile applicator made specifically for fine, detailed facial work, utilizing the micro-pigmentation process.
Color is applied along both the upper and lower lash lines, creating a defined but soft radiance around the eyes. If a stronger look is desired, thickness of the color may be increased gradually, over several sessions.
Both during and after the procedure, topical anesthetics are applied to the lash lines, keeping any discomfort to a minimum. We have also recently acquired a new cooling machine that helps numb the eye area, making our clients even more comfortable. It is also advised to take Arnica, a homeopathic pain reliever and swelling reducer, starting the day before the procedure. Some slight swelling of the areas involved may occur, but, with normal care, will diminish and disappear by the end of the first week.
Is A Permanent Eyeliner Tattoo Safe?
A permanent eyeliner tattoo is considered to be extremely safe (unless told otherwise by a doctor). However, there are certain people with conditions that should not get a permanent eyeliner tattoo, and these include the following:
- Children – Nobody under the age of 18 should get a permanent eyeliner tattoo, even with parental consent.
- People with a Pacemaker or Severe Cardiac Complications – Epinephrine, a numbing agent, is used and this product is known to increase people’s heart rate and potentially cause dysrhythmias.
- Women Who are Pregnant or Nursing – Hormonal changes are elevated when a woman is pregnant or nursing, and the body is more prone to infections during this time. In addition, your skin is changing at this time, so the results aren’t predictable. It is best to get permanent eyeliner tattoos once you are done breastfeeding.
- Individuals with Allergies to Metal and Colorant – Ruth Swissa uses small needles and pigments that can contain various metals and colorant, so having these allergies can lead to complications.
- Organ Transplant Recipients – People who have received organ transplants run a higher risk of infection.
- People with Certain Skin Conditions – Some skin conditions can impact the area where treatment is to be given. If you have conditions like rosacea, eczema, psoriasis, or dermatitis then there is a chance for compromise, as the skin’s texture and surface could render the results to be subpar. Ruth Swissa treats these types of skin conditions, so it is best to take care of these matters before seeking a permanent eyeliner tattoo.
- Individuals Prone to Keloids – Permanent eyeliner tattooing punctures the skin, so if one is prone to keloids, their healing may come with scarring.
- People Who Use Accutane – Accutane changes the skin making it sensitive, thin, and dry. In addition, it also weakens the immune system. If you use Accutane, you will need to stop its use for one year before your skin can return to its normal state and be eligible for permanent eyeliner tattooing.
Beauty Expectations for a Permanent Eyeliner Tattoo
Permanent eyeliner defines and enhances the beauty of the eyes. The appeal of a permanent eyeliner tattoo is immediately apparent to anyone who has ever been struck by the sheer beauty of certain supermodels’ eyes—it makes the lashes appear thicker, even when mascara is not worn. Permanent eyeliner is a well-known secret among celebrities who need to be always camera-ready. Try out one of the most revolutionary and safe innovations in beauty, today!
Why are Permanent Eyeliner Tattoo Services So Popular?
Permanent eyeliner defines and enhances the beauty of the eyes. The appeal of a permanent eyeliner tattoo is immediately apparent to anyone who has ever been struck by the sheer beauty of certain supermodels’ eyes—it makes the lashes appear thicker, even when mascara is not worn. Permanent eyeliner is a well-known secret among celebrities who need to always be camera-ready. Book a permanent eyeliner tattoo consultation with Ruth Swissa today and discover the most revolutionary and safe beauty innovations in 2023!
Why Go to Ruth Swissa for Permanent Eyeliner Tattoo Services?
When it comes to permanent eyeliner in Beverly Hills, West Hills, and all of Los Angeles, Ruth Swissa is the expert that all of LA County flocks to. Having been featured on the hit TV show ‘Botched’ multiple times, Ruth has demonstrated her incredible permanent makeup skills for all to see and offers the very best permanent eyeliner tattoo services. Ruth isn’t just at the top of her industry; she IS the top of the permanent makeup industry and is the nation’s leading expert who has worked with the best plastic surgeons in the world to ensure their patients get the best medical tattooing available.
Call Ruth Swissa for a Permanent Eyeliner Tattoo Consultation Today!
2023 has begun; now is the time to invest in yourself by enhancing your beauty with the best permanent eyeliner tattoo services. Call Ruth Swissa today for a consultation and begin the journey to living the best version of your authentic self.